Requirements and Expectations
We are looking for representatives from the variety of industries in which students plan to pursue careers to offer trusted guidance, advice, and support. Our students will come to the program at different points in their academic experience and personal lives requiring different levels of advice; however, fostering person-to-person communication and networking as key skills is at the core of the program. Mentors are required to meet the following criteria:
- Graduated five or more years ago.
- Currently employed or recently retired (i.e., within past three years)
- Committed to being available for regular contact with their mentees
- Complete the enrollment form found here and agree to act in accordance with the Pace Code of Conduct and University Policies.
- Provide regular feedback to the program coordinators
Students should be sure they can commit the time and dedication needed for a successful mentoring partnership. It is incumbent on the student to be proactive in reaching out to their mentor, remain professional at all times, and be open-minded about the type of mentor they seek (i.e., many of our alumni mentors have diverse skills and experiences beyond their current job titles). Students are required to meet the following criteria:
- Achieved enough credits to be considered a sophomore, junior, or senior, and hold a current GPA of 3.0 or greater. Note: This program is not open to freshman.
- Be currently enrolled and taking courses at Pace University Note: This program is designed for undergraduates, though graduate students will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
- Be available for substantial contact with their mentors throughout the academic year
- Commit to regularly communicate and be responsive to the program staff and their mentor
- Attend events and trainings as frequently as possible – conflicts with courses, job responsibilities, and rehearsals will be taken into consideration
- Login or use the software platform at least weekly for communication, scheduling, and resources
- Complete the enrollment form found here and agree to act in accordance with the Pace Code of Conduct and University Policies
Ready to see the power of the Pace network in action? Join now!
For questions, please contact: email@example.com.